Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'm making this for the first time this Thanksgiving and I can't wait. It looks delicious and quite easy!!! From Kraft. You can also change the flavor of the cake by using different flavored instant coffees. You will also need to have on hand the extra ingredients to prepare your cake mix depending on the brand you use.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (12 ounce) packagebaker's semisweet chocolate chunks, divided
- 3 cups cold milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix (4-serving size each)
- 1⁄3 cup flavored instant coffee powder (General Foods International Italian cappuccino)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare cake mix as directed on package. Stir in half of the chocolate chunks. Pour into greased 13x9 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Pour milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mixes, flavored instant coffee and cinnamon. Beat with wire whisk 1 minute or until well blended. Pour over cake batter in center of pan; sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chunks.
- Bake 1 hour or until cake appears baked in center. Cool slightly.