Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
Recipe from reds bistro & bar, Toronto, Ontario
- 2 1⁄2 cups dark semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 1⁄3 cups unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch, plus
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 7 eggs
- 8 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- Chop chocolate into small pieces.
- Melt butter and pour over chocolate.
- Whisk together until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Whip eggs and egg yolks together with an electric mixer for 1 minute.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch together and add to eggs; whip until frothy (approximately 4 minutes).
- Add Grand Marnier liqueur.
- Add melted chocolate and blend together.
- Fill 5 4-inch ramekins ¾ full and bake at 425°F for 14 minutes.
- Serve immediately (any leftover mix will keep in the fridge for 5 days).