Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Calling all chocoholics! This is a super special dessert that is worth every minute of the work! Warm gooey chocolate -- to die for! (Be sure you have 6 small souffle cups (3/4 c. size.) I had this at a dinner party and went out and bought the cups the next morning!!)
- For the Sauce: Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- You can make the sauce up to two days ahead of time and just cover it and chill until ready to use.
- Otherwise, just set aside.
- For the cakes: Preheat oven to 450.
- Butter 6 small souffle cups (3/4 c/ size).
- Stir the two chocolates and the butter over low heat until melted.
- Cool slightly.
- Whisk eggs and extra yolks in a bowl.
- Whisk in confect.
- sugar (I usually sift first),the melted chocolate and flour.
- Pour batter into souffle dishes.
- Bake until sides are set but center is still soft and gooey- about 11 minutes.
- Do not overbake!
- Run a small knife around edges to loosen and immediately turn out onto individual dessert plates.
- Spoon some of the warm sauce around the cake and add a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
Made this very cake recipe tonight (received from a friend) and it is definitely to die for. Her recipe did not include the extra sauce. We simply had the cakes with a scoop of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla. Serve this to your guests - they will beg for the recipe!