Calling all chocoholics! This is a super special dessert that is worth every minute of the work! Warm gooey chocolate -- to die for! (Be sure you have 6 small souffle cups (3/4 c. size.) I had this at a dinner party and went out and bought the cups the next morning!!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1For the Sauce: Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- 2Add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- 3You can make the sauce up to two days ahead of time and just cover it and chill until ready to use.
- 4Otherwise, just set aside.
- 5For the cakes: Preheat oven to 450.
- 6Butter 6 small souffle cups (3/4 c/ size).
- 7Stir the two chocolates and the butter over low heat until melted.
- 8Cool slightly.
- 9Whisk eggs and extra yolks in a bowl.
- 10Whisk in confect.
- 11sugar (I usually sift first),the melted chocolate and flour.
- 12Pour batter into souffle dishes.
- 13Bake until sides are set but center is still soft and gooey- about 11 minutes.
- 14Do not overbake!
- 15Run a small knife around edges to loosen and immediately turn out onto individual dessert plates.
- 16Spoon some of the warm sauce around the cake and add a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Molten Chocolate Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 699.6
- Calories from Fat 470
- Total Fat 52.3 g
- Saturated Fat 31.2 g
- Cholesterol 251.0 mg
- Sodium 63.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 34.0 g
- Protein 12.6 g