1/1 Photo of Molten Chocolate-Cherry Cakes
These little molten chocolate-cherry cakes are perfect to serve on Valentine's Day for a very special dessert. When you cut into them, chocolate comes "oozing" out, so good! Remember, it is very important to serve these cakes warm from the oven. Be sure to make the dipped cherrries ahead and have them ready.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup butter or 3/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dutch process cocoa
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup maraschino cherry, finely chopped
- sweetened whipped cream, garnish
CHOCOLATE DIPPED CHERRIES
- 1Prepare Chocolate Dipped Cherries:.
- 2Drain 6 maraschino cherries with stems. Pat dry with paper towels. Place 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1/2 teaspoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil) in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 45 seconds. Stir until chips are melted. Dip cherries into chocolate mixture. Place on wax paper-lined tray. Refrigerate until serving time.
- 3FOR CAKES:.
- 4Heat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 5Grease six 3/4-cup souffle dishes or 6-ounce custard cups.
- 6Sprinkle inside of each with some of the 1 tablespoon sugar.
- 7Place dishes in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan or a jelly-roll pan.
- 8Melt butter in medium saucepan.
- 9Remove from heat.
- 10Whisk in cocoa, 1/3 cup sugar, whipping cream and vanilla.
- 11Whisk in flour just until combined, set aside.
- 12Beat eggs, egg yolks and remaining 1/3 cup sugar in large bowl on high speed of mixer about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened and lemon-colored.
- 13Beat in chocolate mixture on medium speed.
- 14Pour about 1/4 cup into each prepared dish.
- 15Sprinkle chopped cherries evenly over each.
- 16Carefully pour remaining chocolate mixture into each dish.
- 17Bake 13 to 15 minutes or just until top of each cake looks dry. (Do not over bake.).
- 18Let stand in dishes 3 minutes.
- 19Loosen sides of each and invert onto serving plates.
- 20Serve warm topped with whipped cream and a Chocolate Dipped Cherry.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Molten Chocolate-Cherry Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.0
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 208.0 mg
- Sodium 195.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 30.5 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: