Recipe by cookiedog
A romantic dessert for Valentine's Day or St. Patrick's Day. Warm chocolate oozes out as you cut into these mini cakes. You can substitute semi-sweet chocolate for the bittersweet chocolate if you prefer.
Top Review by GRECORICAN
This was the most amazing Molten Chocolate Cakes ever!!! I did not have Irish Cream so did not use and absolutely fantastic, will try with Irish Cream next time, thank you for a definite keeper!!! I used semi sweet chocolate chips, 1/2 cup and it was great thanks.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon irish cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 8 tablespoons irish cream, divided (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450F and lightly butter four (4 oz.) ramekins.
- Place butter and chocolate in a medium glass bowl; microwave on HIGH for about 2 minutes, stirring twice, until butter and chocolate are melted.
- Add eggs, sugar and liqueur; beat with electric mixer until foamy.
- Beat in flour until just combined.
- Pour equal amounts of batter into ramekins; bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set around the edges and soft in the middle.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then invert onto 4 small plates.
- Pour 2 Tablespoons liqueur around the edge of each, if you like.