A romantic dessert for Valentine's Day or St. Patrick's Day. Warm chocolate oozes out as you cut into these mini cakes. You can substitute semi-sweet chocolate for the bittersweet chocolate if you prefer.
- Preheat oven to 450F and lightly butter four (4 oz.) ramekins.
- Place butter and chocolate in a medium glass bowl; microwave on HIGH for about 2 minutes, stirring twice, until butter and chocolate are melted.
- Add eggs, sugar and liqueur; beat with electric mixer until foamy.
- Beat in flour until just combined.
- Pour equal amounts of batter into ramekins; bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set around the edges and soft in the middle.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then invert onto 4 small plates.
- Pour 2 Tablespoons liqueur around the edge of each, if you like.
This was the most amazing Molten Chocolate Cakes ever!!! I did not have Irish Cream so did not use and absolutely fantastic, will try with Irish Cream next time, thank you for a definite keeper!!! I used semi sweet chocolate chips, 1/2 cup and it was great thanks.
Great dessert after our corned beef dinner. I had a caramel Irish cream and was excellent.
This was very good despite the fact that I misread the recipe and only used 2 tbs of Irish Cream in the cake mix itself, be careful not to do that but even doing so it was still a good, easy cake to make, just very chocolatey. I think one person commented they didn't have enough molten and I think I might have had just a smidgeon to much :)