Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
This recipe arrived today in the mail on some free cards. These sound quick, easy and very yummy! Maybe you got the card too? Credit goes to Family Favorites.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease 12 muffin cups Combine butter and chocolate chips and melt in the microwave (on defrost) stirring occasionally.
- Combine eggs and sugar in a large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer at med.
- speed until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour gradually, beating at low speed.
- Add chocolate mixture and beat until thick and glossy, about 3 minutes.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake the cakes 5 minutes.
- Combine the caramels and 2T evaporated milk in a double boiler.
- Cook, stirring continually, until caramels are melted.
- Spoon 2 teaspoonfuls of caramel mixture into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 8 minutes longer.
- Invert cakes onto individual serving plates.
- Stir remaining evaporated milk into remaining caramel mixture and serve with warm cakes.
These cakes tasted very good. I followed the recipe exactly, although I used light butter and fat free evap milk. I found that I needed more caramels (about 4 more), as I didn't have enough left for the sauce at the end. I made 6 using a muffin tin, per the recipe, and the other six using ramekins which I greased and coated with sugar before filling. I baked the times stated in the upper half of the oven, then cooled the cakes about 5 minutes on wire racks. The lusciously dense cakes popped out easily onto dessert plates, which I then dusted with cocoa powder and drizzled with caramel sauce. YUM! Thanks for posting this :)