Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
For the French requirement of the Zaar World Tour Contest. This is from Yummy Baguette.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces dark chocolate, plus
- 8 sweet dark chocolate squares
- 2 7⁄8 ounces powdered sugar
- 1 7⁄8 ounces butter
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 3 eggs
- Pre-heat the oven to 500°F.
- Melt 3.5 oz of chocolate in a saucepan over low heat, or in the microwave oven. Add the butter.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, sugar and flour. Pour in the chocolate and butter mixture.
- Prepare four individual molds/ramekins. coat them with butter, then flour.
- Fill the molds with 1/3 of the mix. Add two chocolate squares in each mold, then cover them with the rest of the mix.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- These cakes are best eaten warm (with the chocolate still melted inside.
Great tasting and very souffle like, as previously reviewed. Prepared as listed and used a 53% cocoa dark chocolate for the cake and a Hersey nugget dark chocolate w/ a almond inside for the molten center.
Wonderfully rich and almost like a souffle without having to separate the eggs! I used dark cooking chocolate for the cake/pudding mix and organic fair trade dark chocolate infused with orange oil for the molten centres. Yum - will certainly make this one again. Made for ZWT3.