Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
For the French requirement of the Zaar World Tour Contest. This is from Yummy Baguette.
Make and share this Molten Chocolate Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- Pre-heat the oven to 500°F.
- Melt 3.5 oz of chocolate in a saucepan over low heat, or in the microwave oven. Add the butter.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, sugar and flour. Pour in the chocolate and butter mixture.
- Prepare four individual molds/ramekins. coat them with butter, then flour.
- Fill the molds with 1/3 of the mix. Add two chocolate squares in each mold, then cover them with the rest of the mix.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- These cakes are best eaten warm (with the chocolate still melted inside.
Great tasting and very souffle like, as previously reviewed. Prepared as listed and used a 53% cocoa dark chocolate for the cake and a Hersey nugget dark chocolate w/ a almond inside for the molten center.
Wonderfully rich and almost like a souffle without having to separate the eggs! I used dark cooking chocolate for the cake/pudding mix and organic fair trade dark chocolate infused with orange oil for the molten centres. Yum - will certainly make this one again. Made for ZWT3.