I never would have imagined you could improve on a molten chocolate cake :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped (70 percent cacao)
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 pinch salt
- 1Preheat the oven to 425°. Brush four 6-ounce ramekins with melted butter. In a small bowl, whisk the cocoa powder with 1 tablespoon of the flour; dust the ramekins with the cocoa mixture, tapping out the excess. Transfer the ramekins to a sturdy baking sheet.
- 2In a medium saucepan, melt 1 stick of butter with the chocolate over very low heat, stirring occasionally. Let cool slightly.
- 3In a bowl, blend the peanut butter with the 1 tablespoon of confectioners’ sugar and the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter.
- 4In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the granulated sugar with the eggs and salt at medium-high speed until thick and pale yellow, 3 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the melted chocolate until no streaks remain. Fold in the 1/4 cup of flour.
- 5Spoon two-thirds of the batter into the prepared ramekins, then spoon the peanut butter mixture on top. Cover with the remaining chocolate batter. Bake in the center of the oven for 16 minutes, until the tops are cracked but the centers are still slightly jiggly. Transfer the ramekins to a rack and let cool for 5 to 8 minutes.
- 6Run the tip of a small knife around each cake to loosen. Invert a small plate over each cake and, using pot holders, invert again. Carefully lift off the ramekins. Dust the warm cakes with confectioners’ sugar and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Molten Chocolate Cake With Peanut Butter Filling
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 710.7
- Calories from Fat 523
- Total Fat 58.2 g
- Saturated Fat 32.6 g
- Cholesterol 227.3 mg
- Sodium 160.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 28.7 g
- Protein 14.7 g