Recipe by Reddyrat
This is a wonderfully easy and sinfully rich recipe. I found it in Bon Appetit magazine. Next time I think I'll try adding a teaspoon of vanilla to the batter before baking it. It's delicious served with ice cream. I recommend cooking it only until set - I prefer it to be very runny.
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (I used Ghiradelli 60%)
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Melt chocolate and butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Mix eggs and egg yolks until well combined in a large mixing bowl with a whisk.
- Add powdered sugar.
- Add chocolate mixture.
- Add flour.
- Split evenly into 5 or 6 individual souffle dishes.
- Cook 10-12 minutes until sides are set and center is still jiggly. Run a knife around the edges and overturn onto a plate.
- Serve with ice cream.
- The batter can be refrigerated for a day.