Recipe by Pinay0618
Almond paste adds a new flavor component to the traditionally chocolate cakes. Recipe is from Odense.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 ounces good quality bittersweet chocolate, broken in small bits
- 1 (7 ounce) boxodense almond paste, grated
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons almond liqueur
- 2 tablespoons flour
- fresh raspberries, raspberry sauce or whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F Grease and flour inside of ramekins. Dust with 2 tablespoons of sugar and set cups on baking sheet.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a double boiler, or bowl set on pot with barely simmering water.
- Beat Almond Paste, 1/4 cup sugar and cocoa until combined. Add eggs and yolk. Mix until incorporated and beat on high speed for 10 minutes.
- On a low speed; slowly pour melted chocolate and liqueur into Almond Paste mixture until combined. Gently fold in flour until just mixed. Spoon* 1/2 cup of batter into each cup.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. If using six ounce custard cups bake less time. Check at 8-9 minutes. Cake top and sides should be set but center soft.
- Place tray on wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Run a thin knife around inside edge of cup and tip upside down on plate. Gently remove cup. Serve with raspberries, raspberry sauce or whipped cream.
- Filled ramekins can be covered and refrigerated up to six hours before baking - just let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before placing them in the oven.