The combination of cherry and chocolate has been a favorite for a long time, and here's another reason why. Each morsel combines chocolate's dark allure with the succulence of cherry pie filling to create an exquisite taste experience.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F
- 2Lightly grease six (6-ounce) ramekins or custard cups.
- 3In heavy, large saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate and butter together.
- 4Stir until smooth.
- 5In large bowl of electric mixer, using whisk attachment, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until volume nearly triples.
- 6Pour egg mixture over chocolate mixture; add flour.
- 7Gently fold mixtures together until batter is uniform in color (At this point, batter can be covered and refrigerated up to 8 hours. Return to room temperature before baking.).
- 8Fill one third of ramekin with chocolate mixture.
- 9Spoon 1-2 tablespoons pie filling into each ramekin; pour chocolate mixture over top.
- 10Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until cakes have puffed 1/2 inch above rims and have a thin crust on top.
- 11Run a paring knife or small, thin spatula around edge to loosen cakes.
- 12Invert cakes onto serving plates; cool for one minute then carefully remove ramekins.
- 13Dust with confectioners sugar and garnish with additional pie filling.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Molten Cherry Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 595.8
- Calories from Fat 354
- Total Fat 39.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.2 g
- Cholesterol 216.9 mg
- Sodium 291.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 22.3 g
- Protein 10.9 g