Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The combination of cherry and chocolate has been a favorite for a long time, and here's another reason why. Each morsel combines chocolate's dark allure with the succulence of cherry pie filling to create an exquisite taste experience.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Lightly grease six (6-ounce) ramekins or custard cups.
- In heavy, large saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate and butter together.
- Stir until smooth.
- In large bowl of electric mixer, using whisk attachment, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until volume nearly triples.
- Pour egg mixture over chocolate mixture; add flour.
- Gently fold mixtures together until batter is uniform in color (At this point, batter can be covered and refrigerated up to 8 hours. Return to room temperature before baking.).
- Fill one third of ramekin with chocolate mixture.
- Spoon 1-2 tablespoons pie filling into each ramekin; pour chocolate mixture over top.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until cakes have puffed 1/2 inch above rims and have a thin crust on top.
- Run a paring knife or small, thin spatula around edge to loosen cakes.
- Invert cakes onto serving plates; cool for one minute then carefully remove ramekins.
- Dust with confectioners sugar and garnish with additional pie filling.