Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is such a good recipe for a moist and delicious chocolate cake. no one would even guess the secret ingedient. the icing is great as well. hop eyou enjoy it.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 3⁄4 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate baking square
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup Coca-Cola, plus
- 2 -3 tablespoons Coca-Cola, if needed
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup of hershy chocolate syrup
- Preparation (cake):.
- place in a sauce pan, butter, coke, semi sweet baking square and bring to a boil.
- remove from heat and add marshmallows and stir until all is blended and the marshmallows are melted.
- set aside to cool enough to room temperature.
- in a mixing bowl, blend the shortening, oil, vanilla and sugar until fluffy.
- add eggs and buttermilk and beat until smooth.
- mix flour with baking soda, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- add half of the flour mixture to shortening, egg mixture and beat.
- scrape bowl time to time to clean the sides off so ingredients are blended in batter.
- add cooled cocoa cola mixtue and beat.
- add remainder of flour and beat until completely smooth, about 3-4 minutes.
- batter will be thick.
- place batter into a 13" x 9" x 2" oiled and floured baking pan.
- set pan on top shelf in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 35-40 minutes.
- check for completed baking time with a toothpick.
- if the toothpick comes out clean by sticking it in the middle of the cake, it's time to come out of the oven and cool.
- let the cake cool for about 20-30 minutes before frosting, otherwise the frosting will melt.
- preparation (frosting):.
- cream butter.
- add cocoa, vanilla, hershey's syrup, and cocoa cola.
- beat until smooth.
- add powder sugar a little at a time and beat constantly.
- scrape the sides of bowl time to time to get all ingredients into the frosting.
- if the frosting seams a little dry, add a little more cocoa cola and beat well.
- frost cake and serve with vanilla ice cream and enjoy.