I have another of my own recipes posted for this PA Dutch pudding, but my neighbor Molly brought me some of hers over and it is the most delicious cracker pudding I've ever had!! It's been in her husbands family for years. This is even better the 2nd and 3rd day! I doubled this recipe, when I made it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all ingredients except eggs.
- 2Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- 3Beat 2 egg yolks.
- 4Slowly stir in the yolks to the other ingredients.
- 5Cook on medium to medium-high for 30 minutes, or until thickened, stirring often (mine only took about 20 minutes).
- 6Pour into a glass baking dish (I use a round one).
- 7Beat the 2 egg whites until they peak.
- 8With a spoon, add dollops of the egg whites over the top of the pudding.
- 9The egg whites should not be spread, just dropped by the spoonfuls around the top of pudding.
- 10Broil until egg whites are browned.
- 11Refrigerate until fully chilled.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Molly's Cracker Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.7
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 111.9 mg
- Sodium 280.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 41.5 g
- Protein 11.3 g