Recipe by keen5
I have another of my own recipes posted for this PA Dutch pudding, but my neighbor Molly brought me some of hers over and it is the most delicious cracker pudding I've ever had!! It's been in her husbands family for years. This is even better the 2nd and 3rd day! I doubled this recipe, when I made it.
- 1 quart milk (recipe suggests whole milk)
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, separated
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except eggs.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Beat 2 egg yolks.
- Slowly stir in the yolks to the other ingredients.
- Cook on medium to medium-high for 30 minutes, or until thickened, stirring often (mine only took about 20 minutes).
- Pour into a glass baking dish (I use a round one).
- Beat the 2 egg whites until they peak.
- With a spoon, add dollops of the egg whites over the top of the pudding.
- The egg whites should not be spread, just dropped by the spoonfuls around the top of pudding.
- Broil until egg whites are browned.
- Refrigerate until fully chilled.