Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
IT'S REALLY CHEESY, CREAMY, AND AWESOME.... IT IS THE BEST CHEESY POTATOS I HAVE EVER HAD... I PROMISE YOU WILL LOVE THEM TOO...
- 2 lbs thawed hash browns
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (2 lb) package Velveeta cheese (CUT INTO CUBES)
- Preheat oven to 350 Saute 1 stick of butter and onions in a pan until the onions are clear and soft.
- Put the thawed hashbrowns into a very large bowl.
- Pour the sauted onions and butter on the thawed hashbrowns.
- In another pan, melt the other stick of butter and the cubed velvetta cheese, stiring constantly to avoid burning.
- Add the sour cream to the melted butter and cheese, mix well.
- Add the can of cream of chicken soup after the sour cream and mix all very well.
- Pour the cheesy mix in with the thawed hashbrowns and mix all together real well.
- Lightly grease the casserole dish with a little butter around the sides.
- Pour the cheesy hashbrowns into the casserole dish and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours at 350, until the top is golden brown and the center is hot.
- Let cool for a while and enjoy!
Excellent recipe! Every family gathering I go to they ask me to bring this. The velveeta makes it much creamier and lighter than shredded cheddar!