Recipe by Megan's Mommy
This recipe came from my friend Molly. It is similar to a teriyaki chicken, but baked, and so easy. It tastes great warm, but even better cold the next day.
Top Review by ItalianMama
If I'd known how easy and delicious homemade teriyaki sauce was, I'd have made it a long time ago! My boyfriend and I were impressed with the flavors in this dish. He's not a dark meat fan, so instead of doing all chicken legs, I made it with a whole, skinned, cut-up chicken. Both white and dark meat were delicious! I served this with this chef's skillet corn (recipe #379314), and it was a great combo. Will absolutely be making this again. Made for Pick a Chef, Spring 2011.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 -16 chicken legs
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients in a large plastic bag or container.
- Marinate 8 hours, overnight.
- Add the chicken and all the marinade to a large baking dish.
- I use a 9x13 pan, or a large roaster.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour, uncovered.
- To serve, remove the chicken from the marinade.
- Can be eaten warm, or chilled.