Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe came from my friend Molly. It is similar to a teriyaki chicken, but baked, and so easy. It tastes great warm, but even better cold the next day.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 -16 chicken legs
- Mix all the ingredients in a large plastic bag or container.
- Marinate 8 hours, overnight.
- Add the chicken and all the marinade to a large baking dish.
- I use a 9x13 pan, or a large roaster.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour, uncovered.
- To serve, remove the chicken from the marinade.
- Can be eaten warm, or chilled.
If I'd known how easy and delicious homemade teriyaki sauce was, I'd have made it a long time ago! My boyfriend and I were impressed with the flavors in this dish. He's not a dark meat fan, so instead of doing all chicken legs, I made it with a whole, skinned, cut-up chicken. Both white and dark meat were delicious! I served this with this chef's skillet corn (recipe #379314), and it was a great combo. Will absolutely be making this again. Made for Pick a Chef, Spring 2011.