Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a quick and easy Mollie Katzen recipe from her new book "The Vegetable Dishes I Can't Live Without". I like it served over rice or spaghetti.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs broccoli
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons finely minced cilantro (optional)
- To make the sauce: place peanut butter and hot water in a bowl and whisk until well mixed. Add the rest of the sauce ingredients, mix, and set sauce aside while preparing the broccoli.
- To prepare the broccoli: Remove the tough stem and cut the rest lengthwise into spears. Steam the broccoli for about 5 minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Serve broccoli, topped with the peanut sauce.