Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Mollie Katzen's "Sunlight Cafe", this is a FABULOUS mix to throw together and have on hand. It beats out those store mixes by miles! The mix just fills a quart jar and will keep for a long itme in the refrigerator and forever in the freezer. This mix works for both pancakes and waffles, the only difference being the amount of liquid and fat you'll add when you prepare the batter. I'll put the recipes for pancakes and waffles in separate recipe entries.
- 2 1⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup soy protein powder
- 3⁄4 cup unprocessed wheat bran
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (rounded measure)
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Combine everything in a large bowl and stir until uniformly blended.
- Transfer to a clean, dry jar with a tight-fitting lid and store in the refrigerator or freezer.