Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tried this tonight. It is a fairly standard Sunomono recipe but I added the Shittake mushrooms and played around with the Splenda. When I get some more Braggs I will use that instead of the soy sauce. Very good taste. Oh yeah as I said fairly standard but Mollie contributed the base to Dean Ornish's Program for Reversing Heart Disease recipe collection in the book by the same name.
- 5 1⁄2 ounces bean thread noodles (cellophane)
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute or 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 medium home grown cucumber
- 5 shiitake mushrooms, fresh, sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon scallion, thin sliced green (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame seeds, garnish (optional)
- Cook the bean threads to directions on package. Note Vermicelli in the same amount can be used. Rinse in cold water then drain and place in a medium bowl.
- Add the vinegar, splenda, soy sauce and salt. Mix well and chill.
- Peel and seed the cucumbers. Cut into thin quarters lenghtwise then into thin pieces. If you are not serving immediately, place ina plastic bag or cover with plastic wrap and chill. Slice the shittake if you need to and do the same.
- To serve. Place the noodles in four bowls, add the cucumbers and shittake to each. Top with the scallions and the sesame seeds.
Splenda is tricky. This wasn't good. Too much Splenda, it was overly sweet.
Thanks fo trying though.