Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This really is a rainbow! Let your kids have fun in the kitchen making this delicious, colourful & healthy cole slaw. From Mollie Katzen's book ' Salad People & More Real Recipes'.
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed shredded green cabbage
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed shredded purple cabbage (red)
- 1⁄2 small red bell pepper, minced (or cut in thin strips)
- 1⁄2 small yellow bell pepper, minced (or cut in thin strips)
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (black, golden or a mixture of both)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (home-made or store bought)
- 1⁄3 cup natural plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (recipe states cider vinegar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- nonstick cooking spray, for the honey spoon
- Combine the vegetables & raisins in a large bowl.
- In a second container, combine the mayo, yogurt, honey, vinegar & salt. USe a fork or a small whisk to mix until uniform (''until you don't see the honey anymore'').
- Pour the dressing onto the salad & mix well -- and then eat!
I made this awhile back and forgot to review! This was a very good slaw! I loved all the peppers and the sweet bite of the raisins. Thanks! Made for the IRON CHEF game.