Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My sister brought this home from her middle school Spanish class for the Day of the Dead. The recipe did not include a yield so that's a guess.
- 8 ounces canned pumpkin
- 6 ounces milk, warm
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix pumpkin with milk. Stir well and add the egg.
- Sift dry ingredients and add to pumpkin mixture.
- Stir in raisins and pour into greased muffins tins, filling only halfway.
- Bake 30 minutes or until browned.
Props for guessing a good yield. But, these were the worst muffins I have ever tasted. They stick to the muffin cups, are gooey and flavorless, and after cooling are hard as rocks. Some students in my Spanish class were adventurous enough, though, to try them. God bless their stomachs...