This spicy hot marinade can be used on any meat you grill - chicken, beef, shrimp or prawns (I've even tried it with fish!).. 'Aging' the marinade by storing it in an airtight container and refrigerated for a few days allows the flavour to intensify. A word of caution: habanero chillies are HOT, so please handle them with care! Use gloves or oil your hands before touching them so that the chilli 'oil' does not penetrate into the pores of your skin. The serving size is a guess-timate - this 1 batch of marinade is enough to marinate 6-8 chicken drumsticks or about 30 shrimps or prawns.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using a grinder, combine all ingredients, grind and mix the ingredients into a smooth paste.
- 2If you are using a mortar and pestle, start off with the chillies and garlic - grind them into a smooth paste.
- 3Then add in the dried oregano and grind it in for another minute.
- 4Add in the rest of the ingredients and give it a thorough mix.
- 5You may leave the marinade refrigerated to infuse or use it up straight away.
- 6Rub marinade onto meat and allow to marinate in a bowl for at least thirty minutes (or overnight if possible) before cooking.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Molho De Piri-Piri (Portuguese Peri-Peri Marinade Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.1
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 586.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 1.0 g