Recipe by Derf
Great for lunch or afternoon snack!! (I tried these, each cut into 6 small pieces, and served them for an appy, they were a hit!!) from Mexican, healthy ways with a favourite cusine.
- 4 crusty finger rolls
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups refried beans
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated medium cheddar
- green salad leaves, to garnish
- 1⁄2 cup classic salsa, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the rolls in half, then take a sliver of the base so that they lie flat.
- Remove a little of the crumb.
- Spread them lightly with enough butter to crisp.
- Arrange them on a baking sheet and grill for about 5 minutes, or until they are crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, heat the refried beans over a low heat in a small saucepan.
- Scoop the beans into the rolls, then sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Pop back under the grill until the cheese melts.
- Serve with the tomato salsa and garnish with salad leaves.