Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This dish has always intrigued me, so I began with a recipe from the internet and adjusted it to our family's tastes. Everyone in my family loves this unusual chicken dish.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 14 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Mix together all ingredients except chicken.
- Cut chicken into serving pieces and layer chicken and sauce in crock pot.
- Cook on high for 1 hour, then turn down to low and cook an additional 2 hours.
- Serve with corn tortillas or rice.
Very good recipe!!!! I added 1.5 tbsp garlic powder, 3 more tblsps hot red chile powder and a tblsp Mexican oregano. Very good!!! A must try!!! Also very easy!!!!
I tried this recipe and is very easy to make. I bought some of my dried peppers and added a bit of chocolate that I bought in the Mexican Candy section at http://www.alegrofoods.com/mexicancandy.aspx . When the mole is too spicy or hot you can add a bit of chocolate and I perfer to add the Chocolate Ibarra.
Not quite what I was expecting. This dish was OK, but I wanted a more traditional mole dish.