1/2 Photos of Mole Con Pavo (Mole With Turkey)
~*Miss Diggy*~'s Note:
A great way to use up leftover turkey! This is a favorite at our house, and we hope you enjoy it as well! Enjoying this dish needs an acquired taste for most people, but when I had it the first time, I fell in love with it. My hubby at first didn't like it at all, but the second time he had it he became addicted to it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups turkey stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground dried arbol chile peppers
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups leftover cooked turkey, torn into bite size pieces
- 1Brown onion in oil until soft and the onion is starting to brown.
- 2Add in turkey stock and water, and bring to a boil.
- 3While waiting for it to boil, empty tomatoes into a blender and puree them.
- 4Add in chocolate, and stir until fully melted.
- 5Add the rest of ingredients, including tomatoes, into the stock/chocolate mixture and mix well.
- 6Bring to a boil and then turn down heat and let simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mole Con Pavo (Mole With Turkey)
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.7
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 70.9 mg
- Sodium 532.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 37.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: