Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great way to use up leftover turkey! This is a favorite at our house, and we hope you enjoy it as well! Enjoying this dish needs an acquired taste for most people, but when I had it the first time, I fell in love with it. My hubby at first didn't like it at all, but the second time he had it he became addicted to it.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups turkey stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground dried arbol chile peppers
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups leftover cooked turkey, torn into bite size pieces
- Brown onion in oil until soft and the onion is starting to brown.
- Add in turkey stock and water, and bring to a boil.
- While waiting for it to boil, empty tomatoes into a blender and puree them.
- Add in chocolate, and stir until fully melted.
- Add the rest of ingredients, including tomatoes, into the stock/chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and then turn down heat and let simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.