Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here's a great Greek-style potato salad. From One Potato, Two Potato cook book.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small waxy potatoes, scrubbed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 whole scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup feta, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- coarse salt
- Boil potatos until tender. Let cool slightly.
- As soon as potatos are cool enough to handle, peel them and cut into 1/2 inch pieces. Put the pieces into a mixing bown and add olive oil.
- Add garlic, season with salt and pepper and toss very gently to combine.
- Once the potatoes have cooled to room temperature, add scallions, feta, olives, dill and vinegar. Check taste and season again. If salad is too dry, add more oil.
- Let the salad sit for 20 minutes for the flavours to mingle before serving.