1/1 Photo of Moldovan Eggplant With Garlic and Walnut Sauce (Appetizer)
I found this Moldovan appetizer from Recipes Wiki. We have some good friends from Moldova that just moved back there and I wish I had gotten some recipes from them before they left.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the unpeeled Eggplant into rounds of 1/2 inch thick, and then cut each round in half crosswise.
- 2Rinse and place on paper towel to drain. Sprinkle with salt and let the Eggplant stand for at least 30 minutes. Pat dry.
- 3In large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Place some Eggplant slices in the hot oil and cook over medium-low heat, covered, until soft and lightly browned, about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the Eggplant, add another tablespoon of oil to the pan, and cook, covered, for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4Remove the Eggplant slices from the oil and drain well. Repeat the process with the remaining slices, adding oil as necessary.
- 5In a mortar with a pestle, pound 1 teaspoon salt the garlic and the nuts to make a paste. Mix well the paste adding the vinegar and the water. Spread the paste lightly on the cooked Eggplant slices; let sit for 10 minutes. Place the Eggplant on a dish and serve at room temperature, garnished with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moldovan Eggplant With Garlic and Walnut Sauce (Appetizer)
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.5
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 3.7 g