Recipe by That is Dr House to you
From Tofu cookery. In case you have a burning desire to serve the good old molded ring salad.
- 709.77 ml water
- 3 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 7.08 g agar-agar or 59.14 ml agar-agar flakes
- 236.59 ml celery, chopped fine
- 44.37 ml onions, minced
- 236.59 ml fresh peas
- 226.79 g tofu, blended
- 59.14 ml sweet relish
- 44.37 ml pimientos, chopped
- 1.23 ml fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the water bouillon and agar in a small saucepan for 5 minutes. After soaking simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. This is your "Gelatin" base.
- Pour the remaining ingredients into a mixing bowl. Use well drained waterpacked tofu. btw.
- Then add the agar mix.
- After mixing thoroughly pour into mold or serving dish and chill until firm about 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Remove from mold and serve.
- Note when choosing other vegetables make sure they are not too wet because it will effect the setting.