Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 hrs
From Tofu cookery. In case you have a burning desire to serve the good old molded ring salad.
- 3 cups water
- 3 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1⁄4 ounce agar-agar or 1⁄4 cup agar-agar flakes
- 1 cup celery, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 1⁄2 lb tofu, blended
- 1⁄4 cup sweet relish
- 3 tablespoons pimientos, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Soak the water bouillon and agar in a small saucepan for 5 minutes. After soaking simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. This is your "Gelatin" base.
- Pour the remaining ingredients into a mixing bowl. Use well drained waterpacked tofu. btw.
- Then add the agar mix.
- After mixing thoroughly pour into mold or serving dish and chill until firm about 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Remove from mold and serve.
- Note when choosing other vegetables make sure they are not too wet because it will effect the setting.