Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Every well-dressed buffet table deserves a little jewel-like sparkle. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947 Chilling time not included in preparation time.
- 1 2⁄3 cups water, boiling
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin (Jello)
- 1 cup shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup stuffed green olive, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- mesclun or mixed salad green
- mayonnaise, for garnish
- Add boiling water to gelatin and stir until dissolved; cool.
- Add remaining ingredients and pour into one large mold or into individual molds.
- Chill until firm.
- Unmold onto crisp salad greens and garnish with mayonnaise.