Recipe by Chef PotPie
This recipe is loved by everyone at cocktail parties and potlucks. You can use either shrimp or crab, or a combination of both, It's tasty, but also very pretty when presented.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 6 ounces whole cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 ounce unflavored gelatin (one envelope)
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Best Foods or Hellman's is best)
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped, all white parts and right into the green
- 2 (6 ounce) cans baby shrimp, drained
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat soup and cream cheese together in saucepan over low heat, whisking until smooth.
- In small bowl, soften gelatine in cold water and add to cream cheese mixture.
- Stir until well blended.
- In separate bowl, mix together mayonnaise, scallions and celery.
- Stir into cream cheese mixture until well blended.
- Gently fold in shrimp until well mixed and turn into a lightly oiled 4 cup mold.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
- To unmold, place mold in warm water for a few seconds and invert onto a plate. Place crackers around.