Recipe by Chilicat
A curried spread for veggies and crackers. This is from "A Hundred Years of Island Cooking", an old cookbook from the Hawaiian Electric Company.
- 1 (15 3/4 ounce) can salmon
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup celery, minced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Oil a 5-cup mold.
- Drain and flake salmon.
- In a saucepan, combine soup and cream cheese. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth.
- Soften gelatin in 1/4 cup water; add to soup mixture, stirring until gelatin dissolves. Fold in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into prepared mold. Chill until firm.
- Unmold and serve with assorted vegetables and crackers.