Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Just a nice, refreshing light complement to a meal.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained (reserve syrup)
- Pour boiling water on gelatin in bowl, stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Add enough water to reserved pineapple syrup to measure 1 cup; stir into gelatin. Chill until thickened but not set.
- Stir in pineapple.
- Pour into 4 to 6 individual molds or one 4-cup mold.
- Chill until firm.
- Place 2 servings on lettuce and top each with mayonnaise.
- Can also serve as a dessert by topping with whipped topping.
Took to a carry-in on Sunday evening. Pretty standard for jello salad, but it was gone at the end of the evening. I did not mold the salad, just let it set up in a Corningware dish and served it in that. I also did not top it with mayo or cool whip. Nothing spectacular, but good, and simple to put together.