Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is so easy, and so pretty, too. Recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens.
- 4 cups grapefruit sections (9 to 10 grapefruit)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 -2 drop red food coloring (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine grapefruit sections and 3/4 cup of the sugar. Set aside. In a small mixing bowl, combine gelatin and 1/2 cup of the cold water. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the remaining sugar and remaining cold water. Heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Add gelatin mixture; grapefruit mixture; nuts; and, if desired, food coloring. Cook and stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Pour grapefruit mixture into a 2-quart mold or square baking dish. Cover; chill at least 6 hours. If using mold, unmold salad. Serve with whipped cream, if desired. Garnish with grapefruit peel curls, if desired.