Recipe by mollypaul
A perfectly light, cool salad to beat summertime temperatures. From the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Chilling time not included.
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 pimiento, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 2 teaspoons gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 cup cream, whipped to light peaks
- mixed salad green
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cucumber, salt, pimiento, and lemon juice.
- Soak gelatin in water for five minutes; then dissolve over hot water and mix thoroughly with the whipped cream.
- Add cucumber mixture and pour into individual molds which have been lightly oiled or sprayed with cooking spray.
- Chill until firm.
- Arrange salad greens on chilled plates and unmold salads on top.