Prep time does not include chilling overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice, drained well,reserving juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, stemmed,sorted,washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1Dissolve gelatin in simmering water in large heatproof bowl.
- 2Stir in orange rind.
- 3Pour reserved pineapple juice into 2-cup measure.
- 4Add lemon juice and enough cold water to total 2 cups.
- 5Stir into gelatin mixture.
- 6Refrigerate 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- 7Fold in cranberries, celery, walnuts and pineapple.
- 8Pour into lightly oiled 1-quart fluted ring mold or crown mold.
- 9Chill at least 25 hours or until very firm.
- 10When ready to serve, loosen edge of mold with thin knife.
- 11Dip mold quickly in hot water to loosen salad, then invert onto serving plate.
- 12Cut in slim wedges to serve.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Molded Cranberry Salad
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.0
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 53.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g