Recipe by Sharlene~W
Prep time does not include chilling overnight.
Top Review by PixieDust
What a beautiful salad. I made this for Thanksgiving. I served in on a lettuce lined platter. Tasted as delicious as I expected it would. My family and guests all gave it high praise. Thanks for posting this.
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice, drained well,reserving juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, stemmed,sorted,washed and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve gelatin in simmering water in large heatproof bowl.
- Stir in orange rind.
- Pour reserved pineapple juice into 2-cup measure.
- Add lemon juice and enough cold water to total 2 cups.
- Stir into gelatin mixture.
- Refrigerate 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- Fold in cranberries, celery, walnuts and pineapple.
- Pour into lightly oiled 1-quart fluted ring mold or crown mold.
- Chill at least 25 hours or until very firm.
- When ready to serve, loosen edge of mold with thin knife.
- Dip mold quickly in hot water to loosen salad, then invert onto serving plate.
- Cut in slim wedges to serve.