Recipe by Audrey M
This is a wonderful side dish for the holidays and it looks pretty, too. LOL Cook time is actual chill time.
- 1 (3 ounce) package sugar-free black raspberry gelatin mix
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries, stemmed and coarsely chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the gelatin mix and brown sugar in a large heat-proof bowl.
- Add the boiling water, and stir until the mix is dissolved.
- Cover and chill for about 45 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened to the consistency of raw egg whites.
- Stir the remaining ingredients into the gelatin mixture.
- Pour the mixture into an ungreased 6 cup mold, cover and chill for 6-8 hours or until very firm.
- To unmold the relish, dip the mold in warm, but not hot, water for 5-10 seconds.
- Beware: If the water is too hot or the mold remains in the water too long, the gelatin will start to melt.
- Remove the mold from the water and loosen the edges of the mixture with a knife.
- Place a serving platter upside down over the mold, and invert it on the platter.
- Slice and serve chilled.