1/1 Photo of Moldavian Potato, Feta and Scallion Salad
This Salata de Cartofi cu Brinza is a delightful alternative to traditional potato salad. The recipe calls for red skinned potatoes, but it's grand with others too. Originally from Please to the Table, a Russian Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium red potatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed in a garlic press
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup scallion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dill, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 black olives (optional) or 6 slices roasted red peppers (optional)
- 1Clean and cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, 18-20 minutes.
- 2Chop, press and crumble other ingredients.
- 3Cool potatoes until they can be handled, then dice into 3/4-inch cubes.
- 4Toss with olive oil and garlic, then let fully cool to room temperature.
- 5Add feta and scallions and drizzle with vinegar.
- 6Add dill, salt& pepper, and toss gently.
- 7Let rest for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to mingle.
- 8Add optional garnish and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moldavian Potato, Feta and Scallion Salad
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.7
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.2 mg
- Sodium 319.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 7.8 g