Recipe by j-jitterbug
This Salata de Cartofi cu Brinza is a delightful alternative to traditional potato salad. The recipe calls for red skinned potatoes, but it's grand with others too. Originally from Please to the Table, a Russian Cookbook.
Top Review by Wanna swap recipes?
I'm not a fan of mayo based potato salad so this was wonderful! I left out the olives since I don't like them, but my husband said it would have added something to the dish. We both said it was "repeatable" which is a good thing in this house! I also diced prior to cooking so I did not have to handle hot potatoes! I used dried dill.
- 6 medium red potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed in a garlic press
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dill, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 black olives (optional) or 6 slices roasted red peppers (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, 18-20 minutes.
- Chop, press and crumble other ingredients.
- Cool potatoes until they can be handled, then dice into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Toss with olive oil and garlic, then let fully cool to room temperature.
- Add feta and scallions and drizzle with vinegar.
- Add dill, salt& pepper, and toss gently.
- Let rest for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to mingle.
- Add optional garnish and serve.