Recipe by shawnajean
This is one of my favorite dips to serve for dinner or as a snack. I like using homemade mayonnaise, but you can use your favorite mayonnaise. Use Parmesan, Romano, or Asiago cheese in this dip, but make sure that it is freshly grated for the best flavor. The green color and odd consistency of this dip make it perfect for Halloween, especially with the addition of some green food coloring.
Top Review by mary121801
This was an absolute hit at my Labor Day cook out. I love the buttery/nutty flavor. I served this on french bread rounds and it was a big hit. Thanks for sharing such an easy and tasty recipe. Mary Adkins Columbus ohio
- 2 frozen artichoke hearts, boxed, defrosted and drained
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 bunch thinly sliced scallion
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- green food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Coarsely chop the artichoke hearts and place in a medium ovenproof serving dish.
- Add the mayonnaise, scallions, spinach, grated cheese, and spices.
- Add as much green food coloring as desired. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes and serve with sturdy crackers or bread rounds. Tortilla chips also go great with this dish.