Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is my first attempt of creating my own recipe. I've experimented a lot with the moisture level to prevent the bread from cratering. This creates a pretty dense loaf that slices thin and isn't too crumbly. Makes great toast or a hearty sandwich bread. Has notes of yeast and is not too bitter or too sweet. Your feedback is definitely appreciated!
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
- 5 tablespoons molasses
- 6 1⁄2 cups whole grain spelt flour
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons bread machine yeast
- Put ingredients in bread machine in order given.
- Set machine to 2.5 lb loaf, whole wheat setting with light crust.