Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
If you've never had a molasses vinaigrette, you should try it. Its unique flavor is so good on spinach salad! This recipe comes from The Yokona River Inn in Oxford, Mississippi.
- 2 cups red onions, rough chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (I use Canola)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup dark molasses
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a blender place all ingredients and blend for several minutes.
- The onion should be well pureed but still give some texture to the dressing.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and blend for an additional minute.
This really grows on you. Perfect blend of flavors. I used half the onion and it was perfect that way. Also subbed garam masala for the coriander and it was wonderful!!! Thanks Trinkets. Made for the Veg*n Swap.
I liked this on romaine lettuce! I let the dressing sit a few minutes to tone down the onion a bit. I quartered the recipe to make dressing for 1 large salad. I thought it was well balanced. Thanks Trinkets! Made for Vegetarian Swap.