Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
If you use a variety of small potatoes, it will give visual interest to this sweet-and-sharp-flavored side dish. Taken from the BH&G magazine.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs tiny new potatoes (or any other small potato)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- fresh chives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Coat a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Scrub and quarter potatoes (halve any large quarters). Arrange potatoes in pan.
- In a small bowl combine oil, molasses, vinegar, thyme and salt. Drizzle mixture over potatoes and toss to coat.
- Bake potatoes, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Add nuts; stir to mix.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes more or until potatoes are tender, stirring once. Transfer to a serving bowl; top with fresh chives if desired.
These had a great flavor. I cut the potatoes into thin fry strips and I wouldn't recommend doing that. I will definitely make these again and will cut them in the wedge shape as per the instructions. *Zaar World Tour 3*
Very good! I used gold and purple fingerling potatoes. Went well with grilled pork tenderloin. Thank you for posting!