Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
from darlene kossman very old recipe she has very good on these these are cooked on stovetop as well as in oven
- combine shotening and molasses and cook over low heat 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- add soda and brown sugar.
- stir until sugar dissolves
- beat eggs until light and fluffy
- combine with molasses mixture.
- mixing well.
- sift flour with salt
- add to molasses mixture
- pour into 9 inch greased and ffloured
- sprinkle with chopped walnuts
- bake 35 to 40 minutes in 350 degree oven makes 10 squares.