Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
from darlene kossman very old recipe she has very good on these these are cooked on stovetop as well as in oven
- combine shotening and molasses and cook over low heat 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- add soda and brown sugar.
- stir until sugar dissolves
- beat eggs until light and fluffy
- combine with molasses mixture.
- mixing well.
- sift flour with salt
- add to molasses mixture
- pour into 9 inch greased and ffloured
- sprinkle with chopped walnuts
- bake 35 to 40 minutes in 350 degree oven makes 10 squares.