Recipe by wife2abadge
This came from my grandma's neighbor and is the best molasses sugar cookie I've ever had. Nice and soft and chewy--yum!
Top Review by GrItalishian
I made this for the first time this afternoon and they are fantastic! I had never heard of nor tried molasses sugar cookies before and was looking for something a little different for Christmas gift baskets. These cookies are a breeze to make and have such a nice flavor. I was a little concerned when I saw the measurements for the cloves and ginger thinking that it might be overpowering but they were perfect. I gave some to my elderly landlord who said these were like the ones his mother and grandmother used to make. These will definitely be a regular in our home especially around the holidays. Thank you so much for sharing.
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix oil, sugar, molasses, and egg together.
- Stir together the dry ingredients and add to the wet ingredients.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- They may look slightly underdone when you take them out, but don't overbake or they won't be nice and chewy.