Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This came from my grandma's neighbor and is the best molasses sugar cookie I've ever had. Nice and soft and chewy--yum!
- Mix oil, sugar, molasses, and egg together.
- Stir together the dry ingredients and add to the wet ingredients.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- They may look slightly underdone when you take them out, but don't overbake or they won't be nice and chewy.
I made this for the first time this afternoon and they are fantastic! I had never heard of nor tried molasses sugar cookies before and was looking for something a little different for Christmas gift baskets. These cookies are a breeze to make and have such a nice flavor. I was a little concerned when I saw the measurements for the cloves and ginger thinking that it might be overpowering but they were perfect. I gave some to my elderly landlord who said these were like the ones his mother and grandmother used to make. These will definitely be a regular in our home especially around the holidays. Thank you so much for sharing.