This isn't something I would do just for the heck of it anymore but for the holidays....maybe. I'm posting this as a cathartic thing. I'm passing on my non-diabetic goodies to folks who can offer them a good home. I just can't abandon them without a chance to become good little recipes for someone else. This could go on for some time, I have a lot of recipes! It's been a long time since I made these and I don't honestly recall how long it took to make and press them out so I'm taking my best guess. *Please note*: As written the recipe will yield a milder spice flavor. If you prefer a stronger spicy flavor double the spice amounts (or to taste).
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat together margarine until smooth.
- Add molasses and brown sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture until all combined.
- Prepare cookie press with desired design. Fill press and place cookies two inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven for about 6 minutes or until the edges are firm but not browned.
- Remove and cool completely on wire racks.