Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this off of oprah.com - healthy foods to survive the holidays! I love sweet potatoes and this sounds pretty amazing! Thanksgiving is coming up so...yummy! (cooking time are estimates)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 4 -5 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice, nutmeg and molasses. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in one layer on a large-rimmed baking sheet and roast 15 minutes.
- Turn potatoes over, brush with half of orange juice mixture and roast 5 to 10 more minutes, until fork-tender.
- Return potatoes to large bowl and toss with remaining orange juice mixture.
- Transfer to a dish and serve warm.