1/3 Photos of Molasses Refrigerator Muffins
This is an orphan recipe that I adopted from Recipezaar. When I made them, I used buttermilk, but I'd like to try them again with the sour milk. The only other thing was I didn't cook the first batch quite long enough and they sank in the middle. Was still good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 946.36 ml unbleached flour, Sifted
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon, Ground
- 4.92 ml ginger, Ground
- 1.23 ml clove, Ground
- 1.23 ml allspice, Ground
- 1.23 ml nutmeg, Ground
- 78.07 ml vegetable shortening
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 4 large eggs, Slightly Beaten
- 236.59 ml molasses
- 236.59 ml buttermilk or 236.59 ml sour milk
- 236.59 ml raisins
- 1Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, allspice and nutmeg; set aside.
- 2Cream together shortening and sugar in mixing bowl until light anf fluffy, using electric mixer at medium speed.
- 3Add eggs beat well.
- 4Blend in molasses and butter/sour milk.
- 5Add dry ingredients all at once, stirring just enough to moisten.
- 6Stir in raisins.
- 7Spoon into greased 3-inch muffin-pan cups, filling 1/2 full.
- 8Bake in 350 degree oven 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9Serve hot with butter and jam.
- 11Batter can be stored in refrigerator in covered container for up to 3 weeks.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Molasses Refrigerator Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.2
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 71.3 mg
- Sodium 461.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 40.6 g
- Protein 7.4 g