Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages fast rising yeast
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 cups rye flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 3 -4 cups white flour
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 4 teaspoons salt
- Soak yeast in 1/2 c water 120 degrees.
- Combine yeast,water,raisins,powdered milk,rye flour,honey and caraway seeds.
- Add enough white flour,about 2 c to make batter for sponge.
- Let rise until fluffy. Stir in molasses,oil an salt.
- Add enough addition flour 1 c at a time to make a kneadable dough.
- Divide dough into 3 parts.
- Form into round loaves.Place on greased cookie sheets.Let rise uncovered,for 1 hour in warm place till double in bulk. Bake 375 for 10 minjutes,reduce heat 350 bake 30-35 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.If you prefer-.
- You may flatten dough and roll tightly,seal ends.And place in greased 9x5 bread pans.