Top Review by woodland hues
Good pie! The molasses adds a deeper colour and rich, bold taste. I baked my pie at 425F for 15 min and at 350F for another 50-55 min. The crust edges didn't get too dark. It's also not heavily sweet. I'd make this recipe again, so thanks for posting!
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 9 inch pie shell
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix together pumpkin, milk, and eggs.
- Stir in sugar, spices and salt, beating until blended.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven 50-55 minutes, or until knife inserted comes out clean.
- Watch the crust, if it starts to get too dark, wrap foil around the edges to prevent burning.
- Cool completely.
- Garnish with whipped cream just before serving.